Tex-Mex ambience at your table with these spicy marinated beef fajitas and her sunny veggies
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 200 g of beef steak
- 1 red onion
- 300 g of bell peppers (several colors)
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 100 ml of cold water
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 300 g of fresh tomatoes
- Some fresh coriander leaves
- 4 nature wheat tortillas
Did you know? Tortillas contain a lot of fat: 5 g of lipids on average for 1 tortilla.
To have a balanced dish:
* 2 tortillas per person (10 g of fat)
* Limit the fat to cook the other ingredients (meat, vegetables)
* Limit ready-to-use sauces rich in fats and sugars (guacamole, salsa)
In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients of the marinade.
Cut the beef into thin strips, then put in the marinade bowl. Mix.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients of the sauce. Set aside.
Cut the onion and bell peppers into thin strips.
In a pan, heat a teaspoon of sunflower oil and brown the pieces of onions. When the onions are golden brown, add the bell peppers. Mix and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Then add the beef strips. Mix and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
To finish, reduce the intensity of the heat (power 2/10) and pour the sauce into the pan. Mix.
Season with salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning with chili powder if necessary.
Continue cooking over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly; the sauce will thicken.
Step 5: while cooking vegetables and beef
– Cut the fresh tomatoes into slices
– Chop the fresh coriander leaves
– Heat the tortillas in the microwave (on a plate, 20 seconds at full power) or in the oven (in tinfoil for 10 minutes at 180 ° C / 400 ° F).
Step 6: serve the fajitas
Place each tortilla on a plate and spread on each one: ¼ of the beef and vegetables mixture, ¼ of the tomato slices and ¼ of the coriander leaves.
Wrap each tortilla by first folding the bottom edge up and then serve.