An Indian recipe with a sweet sauce (spice, cashew nut and coriander). With a good dosage of ingredients, you can make a balanced dish…
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 400 – 500 g of boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Marinade for chicken: 1 teaspoon of dried garlic – 1 teaspoon of paprika – 1 teaspoon of chili powder – 1 pinch of salt – 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 onion
- Aromatics and spices for the sauce: 1 teaspoon of dried garlic – ½ teaspoon of curry – ½ teaspoon of chili powder – 1 teaspoon of ground coriander – 1 teaspoon of tandoori – 1 teaspoon of paprika – salt – pepper
- 800 g of chopped tomatoes and their juice
- 80 g of plain cashew nuts
- 160 g of low fat liquid cream
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Some fresh coriander leaves
Cut the chicken into large pieces.
Mix the chicken pieces with all the ingredients of the marinade. Cover the mixture and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
During the chicken rest, peel and slice the onion.
In a large saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon of butter and brown the pieces of chicken. After about 5 minutes, when all the chicken pieces are cooked and lightly browned: take the chicken pieces out of the pan and place them on a plate. Cover and set aside.
In the same saucepan you used for cooking the chicken, heat 1 teaspoon of butter and brown the sliced onion and the cashew nuts. During cooking, add the aromatics and spices for the sauce.
When the onions are slightly tender, add the diced tomatoes and their juice. Mix. Put a lid on your pan and simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat (5/10).
After 10 minutes of cooking tomatoes, onions and spices, remove the pan from the heat. Add liquid cream and honey to pan. Using a blender or diver mixer, blend the contents of the pan until smooth and creamy.
Mix the resulting sauce and chicken in the pan. Reheat the dish without boiling it.
Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the dish with chopped fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Serve this dish with basmati rice and / or naan bread.
If you have a little time, it’s easy to make naan bread yourself: follow my recipe!