A tasty dish in sauce that is suitable for many restrictive diets: vegan, gluten free, lactose free.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 150 g of fresh broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 teaspoon of dried garlic
- 400 g of canned chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 400 g of diced tomatoes and their juice
- 250 ml of water
- 4 tablespoons of chili powder
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 2 large tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- A few leaves of fresh cilantro (coriander)
You are a fan of batch cooking, you cook for the week… this dish is made for you! It does not contain food of animal origin and can therefore be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Like all dishes in sauce, it also tolerates freezing very well.
– Rinse with water, then cut the broccoli into small pieces.
– Rinke with water, then cut the bell pepper into strips.
– Peel the onion, then finely chop it.
– Drain the chickpeas.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the onion, bell pepper strips and garlic for about 5 minutes. Stir regularly.
Add the diced tomatoes, drained chickpeas, pieces of broccoli and water.
Bring to a boil.
Add the chili powder and a teaspoon of salt.
Mix then simmer for 20 minutes; the dish should boil slightly and stir regularly, making sure the broccoli is in the cooking liquid.
After 20 minutes of cooking, lower the heat (3/10). Add the coconut milk and peanut butter.
Stir well and let heat for another 5 minutes on low heat. During this final cooking, adjust the seasoning with salt.
Just before serving, add the chopped fresh cilantro to your dish.
Depending on your appetite, you can serve this dish with a small portion of rice and a slice of bread for those who love to sop the last drop of sauce!