A tasty recipe of ground beef with spicy tomato sauce … Enjoy in a tortilla with some fresh ingredients!
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 300 g of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 400 g of chopped tomatoes and their juice (canned)
- Mix of herbs and spices powder: chili powder (1 tablespoon) – cumin (1 teaspoon) – salt (1 teaspoon) – paprika (1/2 teaspoon) – garlic (1/4 teaspoon) – onion (1/4 teaspoon) – oregano (1/4 teaspoon) – pepper (1/4 teaspoon).
- 1 white onion
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 125 g of plain yoghurt
- 1 Jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 4 plain wheat tortillas
In a pan, heat the oil and grill the ground beef.
When the beef is cooked, add:
– chopped tomatoes and their juice
– the mixture of herbs and spices.
Cook over medium heat (5/10), stirring regularly for about 10 minutes. At the end of the cooking, there should be no more juice in the pan.
Step 2: while cooking beef with tomato sauce
– Cut the onion into small dices
– Cut the fresh tomatoes into half-rounds
– Cut the chili into small slices
– Whisk the yoghurt
In this recipe, it is suggested to use « plain yogurt » as a garnish … Yogurt is 4x less caloric than sour cream or cheese (ingredients usually eaten in tortillas).
Step 3: When the beef with tomato sauce is cooked
Heat the tortillas in the microwave on a plate, 20 seconds at full power.
Step 4: It’s time to eat !!!!
Place on the table: tortillas, ground beef with spicy tomato sauce, yoghurt, onion and tomatoes.
The guests serve themselves from the dishes and garnish their tortillas as they wish.
Do you like dishes with Mexican flavors?!
I offer on my website other recipes which could please you: