With its beautiful red colour, this chicken curry is not just delicious but also quick and easy to make.
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 300 g of boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Spices for chicken marinade: 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 400 g of chopped tomatoes and their juice (canned)
- 20 g of fresh ginger
- Fresh chilli or in powder to add according to your taste
- 20 g of butter
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 200 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander leaves
Cut the chicken into large dice.
Mix all the spices for the chicken marinade.
Cover the chicken pieces with these spices.
Let the chicken with the spices sit in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients for the recipe.
Cut the bell pepper into strips. Set aside.
Chop the fresh coriander leaves. Set aside.
Peel and coarsely cut the onion and fresh ginger.
Cut the chilli.
Chop the onion, ginger and chili together until you get a paste. Try the spiciness of the mixture to measure the chili to your taste!
In a pan, heat the butter with the cumin powder, chili powder and bay leaves. When the butter has melted, add the paste made in step 4. Mix and continue cooking over low heat (4/10) until the mixture turns brown.
Put the tomatoes and their juice in the pan. Mix and continue cooking over low heat (4/10) until there is no more juice in the pan.
Add the marinated chicken pieces and cook over high heat until they are no longer pink.
Add the bell pepper strips and water. Mix.
Put a lid on the pan and cook over low heat (3/10) for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes of cooking covered, the chicken is cooked and very tender.
Add the garam masala and the fresh coriander leaves. Salt the dish to your liking.
Continue cooking 5 minutes uncovered before serving.
Serve your Indian chicken curry with a portion of rice or naan bread to make a complete and balanced dish.