A tortilla garnished with tender strips of chicken, colorful bell peppers, onions and Mexican flavors
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 200 – 300 g of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green)
- 1 onion
- Aromatics and spices mixture: dried garlic (1 teaspoon) – chili powder (1 teaspoon) – ground cumin (1 teaspoon) – paprika (1 teaspoon) – ground coriander (1 teaspoon) – salt (1 teaspoon) – ground black pepper (½ teaspoon) – lemon juice (2 tablespoons)
- Some fresh coriander leaves
- 4 tortillas
- 1 plain yoghurt
For the salsa sauce:
- 200 g of chopped tomatoes (½ can)
- 1 red bell pepper (150 g gross weight)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of dried garlic
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
Preheat oven to 400 °F / 200 °C.
Cut the chicken breast, onion, 1 red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper into strips.
Put all the pieces in a mixing bowl. Add the mixture of aromatics and spices. Mix.
Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread strips of bell peppers, onions and chicken evenly on the baking sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
When this garnish is ready, pour into a serving dish. Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves evenly over the top. Keep warm until serving.
Step 3: preparation of salsa sauce
Cut 1 red bell pepper in small cubes.
In a saucepan, mix the chopped tomatoes, bell pepper cubes and the other ingredients of the sauce (onion, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, chili). Salt at your convenience.
Fry on high for 5 minutes.
Reserve at room temperature until serving.
Step 4: preparation of yoghurt
Pour the yoghurt into a small bowl and whisk.
Keep cool until serving.
Step 5: is it time to eat?!
Warm the tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave, then put them on the table with all the other ingredients: chicken, bell pepper and onion mixture, salsa sauce and whipped yoghurt.
Each guest makes his/her burritos… follow the instructions for folding and enjoy!
Other recipe of salsa sauce – Click on this link here! A fresh and tasty sauce with small vegetables pieces and a lot of flavor