A moist and healthy bread made with fresh apples, raisins and walnuts.
Ingredients for 8 slices
- 3 apples (about 450 g in total)
- 250g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 ml of water
- 80 g of raisins
- 80 g of walnut kernels
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / 375 ° F
Step 1 :
Roughly chop the walnut kernels. Set aside.
Step 2 :
Peel the apples, cut into 4 and remove the cores.
Cut into fine pieces.
Put the apple pieces in a mixing bowl.
Add the flour, baking powder, salt, raisins and chopped nuts. Mix.
Pour the water over the mixture. Mix until all the ingredients form one piece. If necessary, add a few drops of water.
Grease a cake mold with the oil.
Put the preparation made in step 3 into the mold. Pack the preparation.
Bake at 180 ° C / 375 ° F for 40 minutes.
At the end of baking, unmold your apple bread. Let cool before cutting into slices.
When can I eat this apple bread in the day?
1 slice of apple bread = 1/2 portion of starchy foods (flour)
+ 5 g of added sugar (raisins) + 5 g of added fat (walnuts)
This apple cake can be eaten:
- At breakfast (2 slices) with a hot drink
- As a snack (1 slice)
- Before or during a sports session (1 to 2 slices depending on the effort)
- For dessert, if your meal did not contain starchy foods (2 slices) or contain a little of starchy foods (1 slice).
Tips: make several cakes and freeze individual parts.
Great post 😁