A dish that is often liked by both children and adults
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 12 pieces of lasagna pasta
- 400-500 g of grounded beef
- 800 g of chopped tomatoes and their juice (can)
- 1 fresh onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cube of beef stock
- 1 teaspoon of Provence herbs (or Italian Seasoning)
- 400 ml of semi-skimmed milk (low-fat)
- 4 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 40 g of grated cheese (Emmental)
Specific material: a rectangular gratin dish, oven resistant (Pyrex, aluminum), 35x23cm
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / 400 ° F
Peel and rinse the onion under water.
When preparing an onion, many people are prone to tears. This phenomenon is due to a molecule that is released when the bulb is defeated. This molecule is very soluble in water, so it is best to peel and cut the onion under water to avoid the tears.
Cut the onion in half and remove the bulb by placing yourself on the side or under a stream of water.
Mince the onion.
In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the onions.If the onions stick to the pan: do not add oil. Pour a few drops of water into your pan and the onion cooking can continue without adding fat!
When the onions are golden brown, add the ground beef to the pan. Mix.
For a few minutes, grill the meat while stirring regularly the contents of your pan.
When the meat is well grilled, lower the intensity of the fire under the pan (3/10).
Add the herbs and the cube of beef stock. Mix.
When the beef stock cube has completely melted and is well mixed with the meat, pour the chopped tomatoes and their juice into the pan. Mix and put a lid on the pan.
Cook on low heat (3/10 power) for 15 minutes.
Step 6: making a light béchamel while the meat is cooking
In a small saucepan, mix the milk and flour without heating until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
Put the pan over medium heat (5/10): stir constantly the preparation to prevent formation of lumps. After 6-8 minutes it will begin to thicken.
With your whip, make a trace in the bottom of your pan: if the trace remains, your bechamel has the right consistency and you can remove the pan from the heat.
Remove the pan from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Put 4 tablespoons of this béchamel in the sauce pan with meat and tomato. Set aside the rest of the béchamel for the next recipe steps.
Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the dish. Spread the oil all over the dish with a paper towel.
Step 8: lasagne garnish
- Place a first layer of lasagna pasta in the dish.
- Cover the pasta with half of the meat with tomato sauce.
- Spread half of the béchamel over the sauce.
- Make a second layer of lasagna pasta.
- Cover this second layer of pasta with the rest of the meat with tomato sauce, then the rest of the béchamel sauce.
- At the end, sprinkle the grated cheese.
Put the lasagna in the oven and cook for 30 minutes at 180 ° C / 400 ° F.
After 30 minutes of cooking, put the oven in grill position for 5-10 minutes.
At the end of the cooking time, turn off the oven. Let the lasagna rest in the oven for at least 10 minutes before removing and serving.