Under a crispy dough, discover the perfect balance of flavors between salmon and creamy leeks.
Ingredients for 4 persons
• 4 large leeks (= 400-500 g of white leeks)
• 200 ml of water
• 200 g of fresh salmon
• 200 g of smoked salmon
• 4 tablespoons of liquid fresh cream
• 1 rectangular puff pastry of 230-250 g (or 4 phyllo pastry sheets)
• 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
Remove the roots and the green part of the leeks. Wash the leek breasts with water.
Cut the leeks in half lengthwise, then slice.
In a saucepan, put the leek pieces and the water. Place a lid on the pan.
Cook for 30 minutes on low heat (power 3/10). Stir regularly.
Step 3: during the leek cooking
• Cut fresh salmon and smoked salmon into uniform sized pieces. Set aside.
• Roll out the puff pastry on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
If you use phyllo dough: place a phyllo pastry sheet on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Brush the phyllo pastry sheet with water, then place a second phyllo pastry sheet. Continue like this until 4 phyllo pastry sheets are superimposed.
• Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
Step 4: after 30 minutes of leek cooking
Remove the lid from the pan of leeks. Continue cooking the leek uncovered, increasing the heat and stirring so that the excess water evaporates.
When there is no excess water in the leeks, add the cream and salt as desired. Mix and continue cooking for a few minutes. Stop cooking when you get a compote of leeks; there is no more juice in the pan.
In the center of the puff pastry, place the cooked leek.
Put the pieces of fresh salmon on the leek, then the smoked salmon.
To form the puff pastry:
– On each side of the puff pastry rectangle, incise the dough using scissors to obtain large strips going from the filling to the edge.
– Fold the strips of dough over the filling, alternating on each side to obtain the appearance of a braid.
– Brush the puff pastry with oil.
Put it in a hot oven (180 ° C / 350 ° F) and bake for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes of cooking, turn off the oven. Turn off the oven after 25 minutes of cooking.
Open the oven door and wait 10 minutes before removing the puff pastry from the oven for service.