Cake made with semolina and walnuts, soft and lightly soaked in maple syrup … to be enjoyed at breakfast or as a snack!
Ingredients for 16 Semolina Squares
- 250 g of wheat semolina (medium grain, couscous style) = 1.5 cups
- 100 g of walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 125 g of vanilla yoghurt (or 125 g of plain yoghurt and a packet of vanilla sugar)
- 125 ml of semi-skimmed milk (low fat, 2%)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil to grease the mold
- 8 tablespoons of maple syrup. If you don’t have maple syrup, you can replace it with liquid honey diluted with a few drops of hot water.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
Coarsely chop the walnuts.
In a mixing bowl, mix the chopped walnuts, semolina and baking powder. Mix.
Add the following ingredients one by one: eggs, milk and yogurt.
Mix all the ingredients well until you get a uniform mixture.
Grease a shallow mold (about 1.5 L capacity) with the oil, then pour in your mixture.
Smooth the surface.
Put in the hot oven and bake for 20 minutes at 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
After 20 minutes of cooking, remove the cake from the oven.
Pour the maple syrup over the hot cake and spread it so as to cover the entire cake; the syrup will soak the cake.
To serve, cut the cake into 16 equal parts.
Idea of balanced breakfast with this cake…
- Sugar-free coffee, tea or herbal tea
- 4 Semolina Squares with walnuts
- An apple, a pear… or any other fruit!