To simplify things, nothing beats a single dish! All the ingredients in one dish… that’s the idea behind this delicious and simply irresistible rice dish.
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 400 g of plain cooked rice (= 2 cups)
- 250 g of boneless pork loin ribs (or boneless chops or pork cutlets)
- 200 g of fresh mushrooms. Use fresh mushrooms of your choice. I use white mushrooms (button mushrooms), but you can be fancy and use shiitake mushrooms, or even add other vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons of salted soy sauce
- 250 ml of beef broth (= 1 cup) = 1 cube of beef stock + 250 ml of boiling water
If you don’t have cooked rice…
Cook 140 g of raw rice to have the 400 g of cooked rice needed for this recipe.
Remove excess fat, then cut pork into small cubes.
Rub the mushrooms under water, then cut them into pieces.
In a frying pan or a wok, heat the oil with the ground ginger over low heat (3/10). When the ginger starts to brown, add the pork cubes. Mix.
Increase the power of the fire (7/10) and continue cooking, stirring regularly.
When the pieces of pork are lightly browned, add the mushrooms. Mix.
Fry the pork with the mushrooms for another 2 minutes.
Add soy sauce and beef broth. Stir and increase the heat to bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium (5/10), cover and cook for 10 minutes until the pork is more tender.
After 10 minutes of cooking, add the cooked rice. Mix and continue cooking for a few minutes… When all the rice grains are coated with sauce and sufficiently heated, your dish is ready to be served.
Add a few drops of water if the rice seems dry or if the dish is too salty. On the contrary, if the dish is not salty enough for your taste, add a few drops of soy sauce.
J’aimeAimé par 1 personne