Beef, tomatoes and red kidney beans… this is the basis of this unique and flavorful dish!
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 500 g of beef cubes for stew
- 1 small fresh onion (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon of dried garlic
- 400 g of diced tomatoes and their juice (1 can or 4 large fresh tomatoes)
- 1 cube of beef stock + 200 ml of water (= 200 ml of beef broth)
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 500 g of canned red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Peel the onion, then mince. Set aside.
In a casserole, heat a tablespoon of oil and brown the meat to form a colorful brown crust.
Salt and pepper.
When the beef is well grilled, place it on the edges of the pan.
Pour the second tablespoon of olive oil in the pan center and fry the onion pieces and garlic for 2 minutes. Then mix with the pieces of beef.
Add to the pan:
– diced tomatoes and their juice
– the crushed cube of beef stock
– the water
– chili powder.
Mix. The pieces of beef should be covered with liquid. If necessary, add water.
Bring the mixture to a boil.
Lower the heat and put a lid on your pan.
Cook for 1 hour over low heat (4/10). Stir regularly.
After 1 hour of cooking, add the red kidney beans. It is not necessary to drain them.
Continue cooking covered for 30 minutes over low heat (4/10). Stir regularly. If necessary, add a little water during cooking if it is lacking so that the meat does not dry out. Also adjust the seasoning of your dish: salt, pepper and chili powder.
Check the cooking of your meat: it must be tender so that you can cut it with a fork. If not, continue cooking for a few minutes.
When the meat is cooked, serve it hot.