Soft and melting, nicely browned on the top, deliciously sprinkled with sugar, this French toast will delight the little ones, but also the greatest gourmets…
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml of low-fat milk (2%)
- 2 tablespoons of fine sugar
- A few drops of vanilla aroma
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs into an omelette. Add the fine sugar, vanilla and milk. Mix to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
Dip the bread in this preparation; one slice after another, turning them over to soak them well.
Heat the butter in a pan, then brown the slices of bread on each side.
When the slices of bread are all golden brown, sprinkle with icing sugar.
French toast can be eaten at any time of the day …
– Snack or breakfast with pieces of fresh fruit
– For dessert after a light meal (e.g., vegetable soup)