Chicken and cabbage in the same plate for a healthy meal, but totally gourmet!
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 200 g of chicken breast (skinless, boneless)
- 250 g / 3 cups of green cabbage strips
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small white (or yellow) onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried garlic
- 200 ml of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Optional if you want to make a slightly spicy dish: ½ Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
Step 1: ingredients preparation
– Cut the chicken into cubes
– Cut the bell pepper into cubes
– Chop the onion
In a frying pan, heat the oil. Fry the onion, garlic and Jalapeno pepper for 2 minutes over high heat.
Then add the chicken pieces. Mix and continue cooking over high heat, stirring regularly.
When all the chicken pieces are grilled, add the cabbage strips. Mix and cook for 2 minutes. At the end, add the bell peppers pieces and cook for another 2 minutes over high heat.
Lower the power of the fire. Pour the broth and soy sauce into the pan. Mix.
Put a lid on the pan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes of cooking, remove the lid from the pan.
Adjust the salt seasoning of your dish:
– if the dish is too salty, add water
– if the dish is not salty enough, add soy sauce.
Continue cooking uncovered until excess liquid has evaporated from your pan.
For a unique, complete and balanced meal: serve your dish with a bowl of rice