It is the most « versatile » dough. You can use it for salty or sweet pies, and quiches.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 120 g flour + some to spread the dough
- 60 g of butter
- 40 g of water
- For a salty version: ½ teaspoon of salt
- For a sweet version: 1 pinch of salt + 10 g of fine sugar
In a mixing bowl, put the flour and the salt (and the sugar for a sweet version). Mix.
Cut the butter in small pieces.
Put the pieces of butter with the flour.
Crush the pieces of butter with your fingertips or between two forks: grains of butter are formed and begin to bind to the flour.
You can also make this dough with a robot: put the ingredients in the tank of your robot and activate the mixer or kneader for a few seconds.
Add the cold water gradually by mixing with your fingertips. The amount of water may vary slightly depending on the quality of the flour and the way the dough is worked.
Form a ball of dough by working the dough as little as possible. This paste should have a consistency of play dough neither sticky nor crumbled.
Your dough is ready to be used!
- Use a mold between 22 cm in diameter (thick paste) and 30 cm in diameter (thin paste)
- Spread the dough on a surface covered with flour
- Rub very often your roll with flour to prevent the paste from sticking on it
- Do not put your dough directly in the mold: use baking paper
- Poke the dough with a fork before placing the filling
- Bake your pie or quiche in the hot oven (180 ° C / 375 ° C) to quickly grasp the dough and prevent the filling from moistening and softening the dough. Cooking time, 20 to 50 minutes, will depend on the filling amount.
A shortcrust pastry without butter or fat ? The ideal recipe to limit your intake of cholesterol and avoid unnecessary calories.