A complete and 100% vegan dish made with curry that goes well with vegetables…
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 4 potatoes = 600 g (gross weight)
- 3 small zucchinis = 350 g (gross weight)
- 3 carrots = 350 g (gross weight)
- 1 onion = 100 g (gross weight)
- 400 g of chopped tomatoes and their juice = 1 can
- 250 g of chickpeas = 1 can
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 20 g of cashew nuts
- Some fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Spices: curry (3 tablespoons), ground coriander (1 teaspoon), turmeric powder (1 teaspoon), ground cardamom (1 teaspoon), cinnamon powder (1 pinch) and powdered cumin (1 pinch).
- Optional – for a spicy version: 1 small fresh Indian green chili pepper
Step 1: prepare vegetables and potatoes
Peel and slice the onion.
Peel the carrots and cut into large pieces
Rub the zucchini under the water, then cut into large pieces without removing the skin
Peel the potatoes, rinse with water and cut in large dices. To ensure consistent cooking of all ingredients: the potato pieces should ideally be half the size of the carrot and zucchini pieces.
In a large casserole, mix oil, sliced onion and all spices. Add fresh chilli cut into slices if you have chosen the spicy version.
On medium heat (5/10 power), lightly fry the spices and onions mixture for 2 minutes.
Add the potatoes, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes and their juice. Mix.
Add 200 ml of water, mix and bring to boil.
As soon as the liquid begins to boil, lower the heat intensity to maintain it at simmering point, then put a lid on the pan. Cook for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes of cooking, mix the contents of your pan. Make sure the vegetables are still bathing in a little liquid. If this is not the case, add a little water to the pan.
Take a ladle of vegetables and potatoes from the pan. Reserve to make the sauce.
Continue cooking on medium heat (5/10) for another 20 minutes: stir regularly and add water if necessary.
Step 6: while it’s cooking
- Make the sauce
Blend together the coconut milk, cashews, vegetables and potatoes from the saucepan in step 4. You need a smooth mix. Set aside.
– Rinse chickpeas with water and drain them. Set aside.
After 20 minutes + 20 minutes of cooking: adjust the seasoning of your preparation (salt, curry). Check the cooking of the potatoes; if necessary continue cooking for a few minutes.
In the pan, add the chickpeas, the sauce prepared in step 6 and some chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Warm up and serve.
Great post 😁
Thank you !