Rather than buying it all and being scared when you see the fat content, learn how to make your home hummus in minutes … and no added fat!
Ingredients for about 300 g of hummus
- 400 g of chickpeas and their juice (can, gross weight)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Drain the chickpeas and save the juice.
Put chickpeas and all other ingredients (garlic, coriander, paprika, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper) in a blender. Add 100 ml of the chickpea juice.
Mix all the ingredients, adding more chickpea juice if necessary, until you get the consistency that’s right for you. If you do not have enough chickpea juice, you can add water.
Rectify the seasoning: salt, pepper and other spices.
Put in the fridge a few minutes before serving.
Here are some ideas on how to enjoy your hummus:
- As an aperitif with cucumber sticks that are dipped in hummus or pieces of pita bread on which the mixture is spread.
- Spread in a sandwich instead of butter or mayonnaise.
- Seasoning in a dish … discover my recipe for « scrambled eggs with zucchini and hummus »