Tender pieces of chicken flavored with Indian spices are served in a creamy coconut milk sauce. Very sweet, this dish will please everyone with its richness in flavors!
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 500 g of boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Spices mixture: 1 teaspoon of dried garlic – 1 teaspoon of ground ginger – ½ teaspoon of garam masala – ½ teaspoon of chili powder – ½ teaspoon of salt
- 125 g of plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of butter (20 g)
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 100 ml of chicken broth (= 100 ml of water + ½ cube of chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons of ground almond (20 g)
- 40 g of natural cashew nuts
- Some fresh cilantro leaves (coriander)
Cut the chicken into large dices.
In a mixing bowl, mix half of spices mixture and the yoghurt.
Add the chicken pieces. Mix.
Cover and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
Peel the onion, then chop.
In a frying pan, put the butter, the chopped onion and the rest of spices mixture. Fry these ingredients over low heat (5/10) for about 5 minutes; stir regularly and adjust the firepower to prevent the spices from burning.
When the onions are cooked, add the chicken broth, the chicken pieces and their marinade. Mix.
Put a lid on the pan. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat (5/10).
After 15 minutes of cooking, add the tomato paste, coconut milk and almond powder.
Continue cooking, without lid, for 5 minutes on low heat (3/10); the mixture should not boil. Stir regularly during cooking.
At the end, add the cashew nuts s and adjust the salt seasoning.
Sprinkle the dish with chopped fresh cilantro leaves before serving.
This dish contains meat (chicken) and added fats (butter, coconut milk, cashew nuts, ground almound). To make a complete and balanced meal, you can serve this dish with plain vegetables (green beans, broccoli, etc.) and plain rice.