Crisp and tender, these croquettes will delight young and old at dinner time. It’s the perfect recipe for using leftover mashed potato.
Ingredients for 8 croquettes (2 adults)
- 200 g of mashed potato
Click here to see my recipe for mashed potato
- 4 tablespoons of whole grain corn (= 60 g)
- 30 g of grated cheese (ideally emmental, gruyère or Swiss cheese)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
In a mixing bowl, mix the mashed potato and the egg. Add the corn and grated cheese. Mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
Shape 8 croquettes and roll them in the flour.
In a frying pan, heat the oil and brown the croquettes for about 5 minutes on each side.
Ideas to eat with your croquettes for a balanced meal:
– Salad of fresh vegetables
– Pan-fried vegetables (eg. Sun vegetables stew/ Pan-fried zucchini and mushrooms)